The Freedombox project have been going on for a while, and have presented the vision, ideas and solution several places. Here is a little collection of videos of talks and presentation of the project.
- FreedomBox - 2,5 minute marketing film (Youtube)
- Eben Moglen discusses the Freedombox on CBS news 2011 (Youtube)
- Eben Moglen - Freedom in the Cloud - Software Freedom, Privacy and and Security for Web 2.0 and Cloud computing at ISOC-NY Public Meeting 2010 (Youtube)
- Fosdem 2011 Keynote by Eben Moglen presenting the Freedombox (Youtube)
- Presentation of the Freedombox by James Vasile at Elevate in Gratz 2011 (Youtube)
- Freedombox - Discovery, Identity, and Trust by Nick Daly at Freedombox Hackfest New York City in 2012 (Youtube)
- Introduction to the Freedombox at Freedombox Hackfest New York City in 2012 (Youtube)
- Freedom, Out of the Box! by Bdale Garbee at linux.conf.au Ballarat, 2012 (Youtube)
- Freedombox 1.0 by Eben Moglen and Bdale Garbee at Fosdem 2013 (FOSDEM)
- What is the FreedomBox today by Bdale Garbee at Debconf13 in Vaumarcus 2013 (Youtube)
A larger list is available from the Freedombox Wiki.
On other news, I am happy to report that Freedombox based on Debian Jessie is coming along quite well, and soon both Owncloud and using Tor should be available for testers of the Freedombox solution. :) In a few weeks I hope everything needed to test it is included in Debian. The withsqlite package is already in Debian, and the plinth package is pending in NEW. The third and vital part of that puzzle is the metapackage/setup framework, which is still pending an upload. Join us on IRC (#freedombox on irc.debian.org) and the mailing list if you want to help make this vision come true.